A 5 DAY WORKSHOP FOR PEOPLE WORKING WITH PEOPLE
Welcome to 5 days of exploring the nature of trauma, the consequences of trauma, and the healing of trauma, with Svagito Liebermeister.
This workshop is specifically for people working with people, or intending to do so, in the role of coach, therapist, body worker (massage etc), or in other roles. Some experience with personal growth work and meditation is required. It will be an experiental workshop where we will do meditations and personal work, as well as learning skills and tools to support others in healing trauma.
Trauma is the result of an event that overwhelms our normal coping mechanism. It affects our body-mind, in particular our nervous system, in various ways, and can manifest through bodily symptoms. Our perception of the world around us and our behaviour become impaired.
Healing requires to slowly and step by step integrate the emotional and physiological charge that is inherent in the response to the traumatic event. Then our system becomes capable to self-regulate again.
This course is for laymen and professionals alike and is designed to create an understanding of the underlying causes of trauma, how trauma manifests and what supports healing. We work in a resource oriented way using specific exercises and exchange practise sessions under supervision.
Some of the topics covered:
- The physiology of trauma
- Helping the body to find self-regulation
- Connecting to personal resources
- Categories and types of trauma
- Re-establishing safe boundaries and a sense of empowerment
- Bonding and relating issues in trauma
- Counseling and communication skills with regard to trauma
- Touch with intent
- Systemic and transgenerational aspects of trauma
- The role of creativity in trauma healing
- Trauma and spirituality
The work of trauma healing leads to deep relaxation, a subtle awareness of the needs of our body and mind and a strengthening of our ability to respond to life, rather than being forced into an unconscious reaction.
We will specifically explore how bigger life challenges or traumatic experiences can bring us in contact with existential questions, where other more mundane problems lose all significance. In such moments we have the opportunity to make a shift in consciousness and find a new direction in life.
Svagito will share his professional and personal experiences in dealing with trauma and also respond to personal questions. Meditation is an integral part of this course, and some previous experience in meditation and personal growth work is a pre-requisite for participation.
ABOUT SVAGITO LIEBERMEISTER
Svagito Liebermeister is a psychotherapist and spiritual teacher who has been a disciple of the enlightened mystic, Osho, since 1980. In his courses and training groups he combines Western therapy methods with Eastern methods of meditation and is known for his clarity and heartfulness in teaching and supporting people in their personal growth.
He holds a degree in psychology from Munich University and has been working with people therapeutically since 1981, while continously studying a wide range of therapeutic methods including Deep Tissue Bodywork, Neo-Reichian Breathwork, Psychic Massage and Male-Female Energywork, Counseling and Trauma Therapy (SE). In 1995 he began to include Family Constellation in his work, studying with its founder, Bert Hellinger, and since 2000 he leads his own training programs in this fascinating approach to therapy. His other training programs specialize in Neo-Reichian Breathwork, Counseling and Male-Female Energywork and Trauma Healing (SE).
He has trained hundreds of practitioners worldwide in the art of working with people from a space of meditation and lovingness. For many years he coordinated the two-month Osho Therapist Training Program at the Osho International Meditation Resort in Pune, India, one of the largest personal- growth centers in the world. Every year, he travels extensively throughout Europe, Asia, Central and South America, offering courses and training programs in over 15 different countries.
Svagito has published three books, which have been translated into 9 languages.
Acommodation will mainly be in double room. There will only be a few single rooms available.
- We will start with breakfast on the 25th, at 8am, and the workshop starts at 10am on the 25th.
- You are recommended to arrive on the 24th in the evening, between 18pm and 22pm, to be rested and ready to start in the morning on the 25th.
- We will finish at 3pm on the 29th.
Maximum group size is 40 participants, plus teacher and assistants
If there are more than 30 participants, the remaining 10 participants will need to stay in accommodation in nearby cabins and a hostel, that we arrange for, maxium 5 minutes drive away. Placement will be on a first come, first serve basis, with the first 30 registered (= paid booking fee) participants placed at the Retreat Center.
Cost:10 500 NOK (ca 11 200 SEK or 1 100 Euros),
including 5 days room and board in double room
After booking, you will receive an invoice for either:
- a non-refundable booking fee of 2 000 NOK. The remaining fee will be invoiced and must be paid at the latest 2 months before the group starts. If the booking fee is not paid within 2 weeks of our sending it by e-mail, your registration is no longer valid and will be cancelled.
- or, if you sign up later than 2 months before the group starts, you will be invoiced for the full amount. If the invoice is not paid within 2 weeks of our sending it by e-mail, your registration is no longer valid and will be cancelled.
- If you have paid the full amount and need to cancel your participation, you will be refunded:
- a) the full amount minus booking fee if you cancel at least 4 weeks before the group start
- b) 50% of the full amount if you cancel between 4 weeks and 1 week before the group starts
- c) No refund if you cancel less than 1 week before the group starts, or if you leave the workshop
See online registration form, or send to firstname.lastname@example.org
1) What is your motivation for joining this group?
2) Have you previously attended workshops with Svagito? If so, which one(s)? (only short answer needed)
3) Country of birth
4) Date of birth
5) Country of residence
6) Do you work or intend to work with people? In what capacity and role, and with what form of education(s)?
7) Please mention shortly any previous experience you may have in trauma healing
8) Please mention shortly your previous experience with meditation practice, therapy/counselling/coaching, and spiritual work / group work.
9) Are you are presently engaged in some form of therapeutic or medical treatment related to trauma and/or psychological challenges? Yes/no
10) If yes to 7) above, please send an e-mail to Eva Areskog, email@example.com, providing some details.
“If you have not explored your body, you will not be able to explore the soul.”